COURSE OVERVIEW - SPANISH VERSION -- Click here for COURSE SAMPLE
The compact excavator (mini-excavator) is a versatile machine and can be useful in completing a wide variety of tasks around your home and on the jobsite. A compact excavator is designed to remove soil, dig trenches, assist in demolition work, and so much more. Known for its versatility and ease of use, it can assist in many projects easily and efficiently.
This course is designed to give you an overview of the compact excavator, show you how to prepare it for use and teach you some basic operation skills.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Understand the important role a compact excavator plays on a job or
• Become familiar with the excavator's components and controls.
• Learn how to perform a pre-use inspection.
• Learn the basic operating skills required of a compact excavator
Lesson 1: Introduction
• Review the content of the entire course.
• Overview of the compact excavator, safety aspects, and the importance of reading the operator’s manual.
Lesson 2: Getting to Know Your Compact Excavator
• Identify key machine components.
• Identify controls and understand their usage.
• Identify instrumentation and gauges.
• Read and respond to instruments and gauges as required by the
Lesson 3: Pre-use and Post-use Inspection
• Explain the importance of completing a pre-use inspection.
• Define what to look for while completing an inspection.
• Identify the proper way to conduct a pre-use inspection.
Lesson 4: Operation
• Perform safe pre-start procedures.
• Perform proper starting procedures.
• Prepare to operate the machine safely.
• Safely park the machine.
• Shut down the machine.
Lesson 5: Advanced Operating Skills
• Prepare for your daily tasks.
• Understand and perform the dig cycle.
• Understand trenching procedures and safety.
• Understand lifting procedures.
Final Exam – 18 question exam with incorrect response feedback
Trainers: Before you begin classroom or field training, why not provide your trainees with a solid foundation of knowledge about the equipment and how to operate it safely? This e-learning training course can be delivered anytime, anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection.
Overall Course Specifications:
Estimated length of training program: 1 - 2 hours + final test
Number of test questions: 18
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes, with person's name, date, and test score
Final Exam Feedback report: Yes
Immediate online delivery for one person - viewable for up to 60 days