COURSE OVERVIEW -- Click here for COURSE SAMPLE
On a day-to-day basis, there are many pieces of equipment traveling throughout a work site. In order to keep traffic flow moving smoothly and job productivity high, someone needs to be responsible for maintaining the condition of the road. And that job belongs to the grader operator.
This course is designed to help you become a skilled, productive, and safe grader operator. As you work through this course, you'll learn about the machine, how it works, and how to inspect it. You'll also learn how to control and operate the grader, including the fundamentals of blading roads and spreading material.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Understand the importance of the grader on the job site.
• Become familiar with the grader components and controls.
• Learn how to perform a pre-use inspection.
• Learn the basic operating skills required of a grader operator.
Lesson 1: Introduction
• Review the content of the entire course.
• Overview of the grader, efficiency, and operator responsibility.
Lesson 2: Getting to Know Your Grader
• Be able to identify the grader's main components.
• Understand how the frame and tire assemblies function.
• Be able to identify the essential operator controls, cab monitors, and displays.
Lesson 3: Pre-use and Post-use Inspection
• Understand the importance of a pre-use inspection.
• Recognize the importance of wearing personal protective equipment.
• Be able to conduct a proper pre-use inspection of the machine.
• Know how to recognize and report any mechanical problems with the grader.
Lesson 4: Operation
• Start and warm up the machine.
• Move the machine.
• Position the blade.
• Use the ripper.
• Park, cool down, and shut down the grader.
Lesson 5: Operating Tasks
• Work with windrows.
• Maintain haul roads.
• Understand the towing process.
Final Exam – 21 question exam with incorrect response feedback
Trainers: Before you begin classroom or field training, why not provide your trainees with a solid foundation of knowledge about the equipment and how to operate it safely? This e-learning training course can be delivered anytime, anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection.
Overall Course Specifications:
Estimated length of training program: 1 - 2 hours + final test
Number of test questions: 21
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes, with person's name, date, and test score
Final Exam Feedback report: Yes
Immediate online delivery for one person - viewable for up to 60 days