COURSE OVERVIEW -- Click here for COURSE SAMPLE
The purpose of this program is to teach your trainees a practical process to perform a pre-use inspection. This program explains the importance of performing a pre-use inspection, key components common to most types of heavy equipment, and the checks required on each type of equipment.
Once that foundation is established, employees can structure inspections specific to machines in your fleet and your safety procedures.
Failure to do a pre-use inspection could cause equipment damage, as well as potentially putting your operators at risk of injury or death. Help to safeguard your operators and equipment with this training.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Explain the importance of performing a pre-use inspection.
• Recognize potential hazards while performing inspections.
• Identify the key components common to most heavy equipment.
• List the types of checks required on each component.
Lesson 1: Pre-use Inspection
• Introduce the way to claim the machine.
• Explain how to perform a thorough and consistent inspection.
• Explain engine system inspection.
• Explain hydraulic and fluid mechanical component inspection.
• Explain drive line components and inspection.
• Explain checking high stress areas of the machine's frame.
• Explain tracks, tires, and brakes inspection.
• Explain fire protection systems inspection.
Final Exam – 14 question exam with incorrect response feedback
Trainers: Before you begin classroom or field training, why not provide your trainees with a solid foundation of knowledge about the equipment and how to operate it safely? This e-learning training course can be delivered anytime, anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection.
Overall Course Specifications:
Estimated length of training program: 1 - 2 hours + final test
Number of test questions: 14
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes, with person's name, date, and test score
Final Exam Feedback report: Yes
Immediate online delivery for one person - viewable for up to 60 days