COURSE OVERVIEW -- Click here for COURSE SAMPLE
This online Due Diligence course focuses on Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) regulations that govern safety in the Canadian province of Alberta. However, the concepts apply to most any location in the world.
Due diligence is a way to think about safety as an integral part of every job. It is a lifesaver in that it helps ensure a safe workplace. Whether your job environment is a large, open pit mine or a construction job site in a crowded urban area, everyone can benefit from an understanding of the principles of due diligence.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Define the term due diligence.
• Explain the difference between strict and absolute liability.
• Identify the responsibilities of employers, supervisors and workers for health and safety in the workplace.
• Illustrate the dangers of non-compliance with the due diligence provisions of the OH&S Act.
• Utilize a due diligence checklist for employers.
• Summarize the penalties given for offenses under the OH&S Act.
Lesson 1: Introduction
• Definition of due diligence
• Responsibility for compliance with due diligence
Lesson 2: Liability
• Two degrees of liability
• Differences between strict and absolute liability
• Response to hazards and liability
Lesson 3: Responsibility
• Roles of health and safety responsibility
• Responsibilities for safety required from employer’s, supervisors. Competent workers, and new workers
• Protecting workers
• Non-compliance consequences
Lesson 4: Checklist
• Checklist for due diligence to be used by employers
• Penalties for not complying with regulations
Lesson 5: Review
• Review the main points of the course
Final Exam – 16 question exam with incorrect response feedback
Trainers: Before you begin classroom or field training, why not provide your trainees with a solid foundation of knowledge about the equipment and how to operate it safely? This e-learning training course can be delivered anytime, anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection.
Overall Course Specifications:
Estimated length of training program: 1 hour + final test
Number of test questions: 16
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes, with person's name, date, and test score
Final Exam Feedback report: Yes
Immediate online delivery for one person - viewable for up to 60 days