COURSE OVERVIEW -- Click here for COURSE SAMPLE
This course will introduce you to a fuel and lube truck and its operation. Before you are permitted to operate a fuel and lube truck, you will need to be adequately trained and have the knowledge to operate safely and productively.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Identify fuel & lube truck features, functions and major components.
• Explain key safety topics related to working with and around fuel.
• Define the steps a fuel and lube truck operator perform when servicing equipment.
Lesson 1: Introduction
• Overview of the fuel and lube truck and its uses and place on a mine.
• Various types of trucks used today.
• Role of the operator in safe operation.
• Safety practices for fuel and lube trucks.
Lesson 2: Components and Controls
• Overview of the main sections of the fuel and lube truck.
• Component identification, uses, and location on a truck.
• Control identification and functions for operation and safety.
Lesson 3: Pre-use Inspection
• Operator responsibilities for inspection of area and equipment.
• Overall inspection and equipment area safety.
• Approach and work area inspection techniques.
• Step-by-step pre-use inspection of a fuel and lube truck.
Lesson 4: Start up and Shut Down
• Pre-start checks and function test to complete before operation.
• Basic start up technique.
• Safe parking skills identified.
• Ways to shut down the equipment safely.
Lesson 5: Servicing Equipment
• Ways to move equipment in and out of servicing locations.
• Scheduling and preparing trucks for fueling and service.
• Proper fueling techniques.
• Techniques for completing service on specific equipment types.
• Recording fuel consumptions as required.
Lesson 6: Bulk Oil and Fuel
• Entrance and exit lube islands.
• Fuel refilling various truck types and equipment.
• Monitoring indicators for fuel usage.
• Shift completion and final tasks.
Final Exam – 28 question exam with incorrect response feedback
Trainers: Before you begin classroom or field training, why not provide your trainees with a solid foundation of knowledge about the equipment and how to operate it safely? This e-learning training course can be delivered anytime, anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection.
Overall Course Specifications:
Estimated length of training program: 1 hour + final test
Number of test questions: 28
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes, with person's name, date, and test score
Final Exam Feedback report: Yes
Immediate online delivery for one person - viewable for up to 60 days