COURSE OVERVIEW -- Click here for COURSE SAMPLE
This course will introduce you to a hydraulic shovel and its operation. Hydraulic shovels demand operators who hold themselves to a high personal standard: Maximum productivity supported by a zero-incident rate. By loading trucks safely and efficiently, the shovel operator helps the organization to maintain a high level of production, around the clock.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Identify hydraulic shovel features, functions, and major components.
• Compare key loading methods and productivity topics related to working with haul trucks.
• Explain the importance of pre-use inspection and safe start up and shut down.
Lesson 1: Introduction
• Overview of the hydraulic shovel and its uses and place on a mine.
• Overview of the main sections of the shovel.
• Overview of operator training.
Lesson 2: Safe Operation
• Overview of operator preparation.
• Overview of safety and compliance.
• Explanation of how to approach the shovel and assess risks in area.
Lesson 3: Pre-use Inspection
• Component identification, uses, and location on a shovel.
• Description of overall inspection and equipment area safety.
• Explanation of step-by-step pre-use inspection of a hydraulic shovel.
Lesson 4: Machine Controls
• Identification of controls in two common hydraulic shovel types.
• Description of equipment monitoring tools and techniques.
• Description of basic operating controls and techniques.
Lesson 5: Start Up and Shut Down
• Description of function testing and start up preparations.
• Description of warm up and start up techniques.
• Description of proper engine shut down.
Lesson 6: General Operations
• Description of shovel cycle and phases of completion.
• Explanation of how to travel and relocate a shovel.
• Description of loading and load placement for optimal productivity and safety.
Final Exam – 35 question exam with incorrect response feedback
Trainers: Before you begin classroom or field training, why not provide your trainees with a solid foundation of knowledge about the equipment and how to operate it safely? This e-learning training course can be delivered anytime, anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection.
Overall Course Specifications:
Estimated length of training program: 1.5 hour + final test
Number of test questions: 35
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes, with person's name, date, and test score
Final Exam Feedback report: Yes
Immediate online delivery for one person - viewable for up to 60 days