COURSE OVERVIEW -- Click here for COURSE SAMPLE
The rubber tire dozer operator is a crucial member of any team. This utility vehicle assists many pieces of equipment throughout the site by helping them complete their tasks safely and efficiently. Because of their mobility and versatility, rubber tire dozers are often seen working in all areas of the mine site, and it's important for operators to have a solid understanding of their role in ensuring the mine's productivity.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Understand the importance of the rubber tire dozer.
• Become familiar with the rubber tire dozer components and controls.
• Learn how to perform a pre-use inspection.
• Learn the basic operating skills required of a rubber tire dozer.
Lesson 1: Introduction
• Introduce safety rules that apply to rubber dozer operators.
• Introduce personal protective equipment requirements.
• Discuss mounting the machine with three points of contact.
• Discuss good housekeeping practices.
Lesson 2: Getting to Know Your Rubber Tire Dozer
• Identify the major systems, components, and controls of the rubber tire dozer.
Lesson 3: Pre and Post-use Inspection
• Explain how to safely perform pre-use inspection checks on the rubber tire dozer.
Lesson 4: Operation
• Explain the start-up and shut-down process.
• Identify system tests that must be performed prior to operating the dozer.
• Explain the basic operating skills, such as how to travel throughout the mine and how to control the blade.
Lesson 5: Operating Tasks
• Explain the day-to-day operating tasks required of the rubber tire dozer operator.
• Explain how to maintain haul roads.
• Explain the proper way to build a berm.
• Discuss safe ways to clean shovel pits.
Final Exam – 28 question exam with incorrect response feedback
Trainers: Before you begin classroom or field training, why not provide your trainees with a solid foundation of knowledge about the equipment and how to operate it safely? This e-learning training course can be delivered anytime, anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection.
Overall Course Specifications:
Estimated length of training program: 1 ½ - 2 hours + final test
Number of test questions: 28
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes, with person's name, date, and test score
Final Exam Feedback report: Yes
Immediate online delivery for one person - viewable for up to 60 days